GAMES FROM AUGUST 10, 2018
Low-A: Eugene Emeralds
Eugene 2, Everett 5 (7-8)
- C Caleb Knight went 2-for-4 with a home run and a double.
- 3B Luke Reynolds went 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI.
- RHP Paul Richan fired his 3rd straight shutout start. Richan went 3.0 innings, allowing just two hits and a walk while striking out two. The sample size is small (18.0 IP), but Richan has looked strong since the draft. He’s 0-1 with a 1.50 ERA and 0.94 WHIP.
Single-A: South Bend Cubs
South Bend 3, Great Lakes 6 F/10 (20-27)
- 1B Miguel Amaya went 3-for-4 with a double, RBI, and a walk.
- 2B Clayton Daniel went 2-for-5 with a run scored.
High-A: Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Myrtle Beach 6, Wilmington 5 (17-29)
- DH Roberto Caro went 2-for-4 with a double and run scored.
- LF Jared Young went 1-for-4 with a 3-run home run.
- RHP Cory Abbott tossed 5.0 solid innings, picking up the win. Abbott allowed four hits and two earned runs. He struck out four with just one walk. It was his 5th straight start allowing two runs or less. Abbott’s been dominant over the stretch, going 2-1 with a 1.95 ERA.
Double-A: Tennessee Smokies
Tennessee 2, Biloxi 3 (21-25)
- SS Zack Short went 2-for-2 with a home run and 2 walks.
- 1B Yasiel Balaguert went 1-for-4 with a home run.
- RHP Michael Rucker was terrific in 6.0 innings. Rucker allowed just a hit and an earned run. He struck out four and walked one in a quality start. Rucker now has 3 straight starts allowing one earned run.
Triple-A: Iowa Cubs
Iowa 4, New Orleans 2 (43-73)
- RF Mark Zagunis went 2-for-3 with a run scored and an RBI.
- 2B Stephen Bruno went 2-for-4 with a run scored.
- RHP Trevor Clifton threw 5 2/3 strong innings, picking up the win. Clifton gave up just two hits and an earned run. He walked one and struck out five. Clifton had a no-hitter through 5.0 innings.