GAMES FROM JULY 6, 2018
The Cubs Minor League had a very weird day on Friday, with a rainout, rain delay, and three losses. Still, there were a lot of prospects that looked really good.
Low-A: Eugene Emeralds
Eugene 4, Boise 3 (8-14, 4th Place)
- RF Jonathan Sierra went 4-for-4 with a run scored.
- CF Fernando Kelli went 3-for-4 with a run scored.
- DH Nico Hoerner went 2-for-4 with a walk, a stolen base and a run scored.
- SS Christopher Morel went 2-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored.
- 1B Tyler Durna went 2-for-4 with an RBI.
Single-A: South Bend Cubs
South Bend 1, Lansing 3 (8-8, T-5th Place)
- DH Jared Young went 1-for-2 and extended his hitting streak to nine-straight games.
- 2B Rafael Narea went 2-for-3 with a double and an RBI.
- RHP Erling Moreno had a solid start for South Bend with the no-decision. Moreno pitched 5 1/3 scoreless innings, with three walks and two strikeouts. In his third game back with the Cubs, Moreno settled in with a scoreless effort.
High-A: Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Myrtle Beach 0, Buies Creek 11 (5-11, 5th Place)
- SS Aramis Ademan went 2-for-4 with a double.
- LF Kevonte Mitchell went 2-for-4 with two singles.
- CF D.J. Wilson went 1-for-4 with a stolen base. Wilson has hit safely in 7-straight games.
Double-A: Tennessee Smokies
Tennessee and Jackson were postponed due to rain. The two sides play a doubleheader on Saturday.
Triple-A: Iowa Cubs
Iowa 1, Nashville 4 (31-55, 4th Place)
- 3B Jason Vosler went 1-for-4, extending his hitting streak to 11 games.
- 2B Ryan Court went 1-for-3 with a walk and a run scored.