GAMES FROM JUNE 30, 2018
The Cubs farm system had a very successful Saturday, winning all three games played.
Low-A: Eugene Emeralds
Single-A: South Bend Cubs
South Bend 13, Dayton 12 (F/10) (6-4, T-3rd Place)
- 2B Christian Donahue went 3-for-4 with two doubles, a home run, a walk, three RBI and two runs scored.
- 3B Austin Filiere went 2-for-3 with a home run, two walks, four RBI and three runs scored.
- RF Brandon Hughes went 2-for-6 with two runs scored. Hughes has recorded a hit in 18 of his last 20 games.
High-A: Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Myrtle Beach 4, Potomac 1 (2-8, 5th Place)
- C Jhonny Pereda went 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI.
- 1B Austin Upshaw went 2-for-3 with an RBI
- RHP Erich Uelmen threw 6.0 scoreless innings, allowing just four hits and three walks while striking out five. Uelmen retired eight of the last nine batters he faced in his second start with Myrtle Beach. It took just one week for Uelmen to settle in for the Pelicans with a quality start, his fifth this year.
Double-A: Tennessee Smokies
Tennessee 2, Chattanooga 0 (5-4, 2nd Place)
- SS Zack Short went 1-for-2 with a walk and hit the eventual game-winning two-run home run in the sixth inning.
- 1B Yasiel Balaguert went 2-for-3.
- RHP Keegan Thompson had a very nice start for the Smokies, tossing 6 1/3 scoreless innings. Thompson gave up just one hit, struck out seven, and walked two. Thompson did not allow a hit for the first 16 outs of the game but surrendered one in the sixth. Also, in his second game as a member of the Smokies, Thompson rebounded nicely from his AA debut last week.
Triple-A: Iowa Cubs
Iowa was suspended due to rain after four innings, with Memphis holding a 3-1 lead. The game will resume on Sunday as part of a doubleheader, with the second game lasting seven innings.