GAMES FROM JUNE 29, 2018
Despite 4 losses on Friday, the Cubs farm system had a great day of pitching at all levels.
Low-A: Eugene Emeralds
Eugene 3, Everett (5-10, 4th Place)
- C Jonathan Soto went 2-for-3 with a double, two RBI, and one walk.
- 1B Tyler Durna went 2-for-4 with a triple and one run scored.
- RHP Jeff Passantino pitched 4.0 innings, allowing two hits, no runs, and four walks with one strikeout.
Single-A: South Bend Cubs
South Bend 4, Dayton 1 (5-4, T-3rd Place)
- 2B Delvin Zinn went 2-for-3 with one run scored.
- SS Rafael Narea went 2-for-4 with one RBI.
- RHP Rollie Lacy tossed 5.0 shutout innings, allowing just three hits while striking out seven. Lacy hasn’t allowed more than one earned run in his last four starts, striking out 27 in his last 23.0 innings. Lacy is 3-1 this year, improving his ERA to 2.17 and WHIP to 1.04 after a no-decision on Friday. He’s on fire right now with a promotion to Myrtle Beach coming soon.
High-A: Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Myrtle Beach 0, Buies Creek 2 (1-8, 5th Place)
- LF Zach Davis went 1-for-4
- SS Aramis Ademan went 1-for-4
- RHP Cory Abbott started and took the loss despite a very strong outing. Abbott went 6.0 innings, allowing just three hits, one earned run, and one walk while striking out seven. Abbott had no run support after throwing his first quality start with Myrtle Beach after moving up from South Bend.
Double-A: Tennessee Smokies
Tennessee 2, Chattanooga 7 (4-4, T-2nd Place)
- 2B Trent Giambrone went 2-for-4 with a solo homer, one run scored, and two RBI.
- RF Jeffrey Baez went 2-for-4 with a double.
Triple-A: Iowa Cubs
Iowa 2, Memphis 6 (29-50, 4th Place)
- C Taylor Davis went 2-for-4 with a run scored.
- CF Lane Adams went 2-for-4 with a double.
- RHP Carl Edwards Jr. pitched 0.2 innings, allowing one hit and one walk while striking out two in his rehab assignment. Edwards threw 19 pitches with 10 strikes.