South Bend, Myrtle Beach, and Tennessee all lost their games on Tuesday but there were still great performances to report on including another solid effort by Rollie Lacy.
Low A: South Bend Cubs
South Bend 2, Dayton 3
- Delvin Zinn: 2 for 4, 1 R
- Miguel Amaya: 2 for 4
- Chris Singleton: 1 for 3, 2 RBI
- Rollie Lacy: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 8 SO
33-31, 3rd Place in Midwest League Eastern Division
Tyler Thomas is the scheduled starter for Wednesday’s game against Dayton at 7:05 PM Eastern.
High A: Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Myrtle Beach 0, Winston-Salem 4
- Zach Davis: 1 for 3
- Yeiler Peguero: 1 for 3
33-31, 3rd Place in Carolina League Southern Division
Cory Abbott is the scheduled starter for Wednesday’s series finale against Winston-Salem at 7:00 PM Eastern.
Double A: Tennessee Smokies
Tennessee 10, Birmingham 11 F/10
- Yasiel Balaguert: 3 for 6, 2 R 1 RBI
- Ian Rice: 2 for 4, 2 R, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- Trey Martin: 1 for 3, 1 R, 4 RBI, 4 BB
- Matt Swarmer: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 SO
33-32, 4th Place in Southern League North Division
Oscar De La Cruz is the scheduled starter for Wednesday’s series opener against Montgomery at 7:00 PM Eastern.
Triple A: Iowa Cubs
Off-day. Iowa opens a three-game series against Reno on Wednesday at 10:05 PM ET.
The DSL #1 Cubs beat the DSL Dodgers Gurrero 14-2. Ervis Marchan went 3 for 4 with one run scored and five runs batted in.
The DSL #2 Cubs beat the DSL #2 Mets 3-2. Pedro Martinez went 3 for 5.
- Last time out on the mound, Rollie Lacy tossed a no-hitter last week. This time around, Lacy had a quality start spanning six innings allowing three hits and one earned run. He walked none and struck out eight on Tuesday. Lacy’s no-hit span lasted 10 1/3 innings but was broken up with a single in the fourth. Still, Lacy had a great start tying a season-high in strikeouts.
- Matt Swarmer was rolling for the Pelicans with three innings under his belt, but Swarmer’s start was cut short due to a rain delay. Swarmer went three innings allowing just two hits and no walks with three strikeouts before the rain came in. Swarmer increases his three-earned runs or less streak to 5 straight games.
- Short-A Eugene’s season starts on Friday now just a few days away. The Emeralds roster has yet to be announced with draft picks just now signing but should have a stacked roster.