The Cubs Minor League didn’t quite sweep the day like they have done so many times recently but did win four games with a couple dominant performances.
Low A: South Bend Cubs
South Bend 6, West Michigan 3
- Austin Filiere: 2 for 3, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB
- Jhonny Bethencourt: 2 for 4, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB
- Chris Singleton: 1 for 3, HR, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Brendon Little: 4 2/3 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO
33-30, 3rd Place in Midwest League Eastern Division
Rollie Lacy is the scheduled starter for Tuesday’s series opener against Dayton at 7:05 PM Eastern.
High A: Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Myrtle Beach 7, Winston-Salem 10
- Andruw Monasterio: 3 for 5, 2 R, 3 RBI
- Jhonny Pereda: 2 for 5, 3 RBI
- Zach Davis: 2 for 2, 1 R
33-30, 3rd Place in Carolina League Southern Division
Alex Lange is the scheduled starter for Tuesday’s game against Winston-Salem at 7:00 PM Eastern.
Double A: Tennessee Smokies
Tennessee 5, Birmingham 3
- Yasiel Balaguert: 2 for 4, HR, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Trent Giambrone: 2 for 3, HR, 1 R, 3 RBI
- Charcer Burks: 1 for 3, 1 R, 1 BB
- Thomas Hatch: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 1 SO
33-31, 4th Place in Southern League North Division
Matt Swarmer is the scheduled starter for Tuesday’s game against Birmingham at 7:00 PM Eastern.
Triple A: Iowa Cubs
Iowa 6, El Paso 5 G1
Iowa 0, El Paso 3 G2
- Victor Caratini: 2 for 4, HR, 1 R, 3 RBI G1
- Jacob Hannemann: 2 for 3, 2 R, 1 RBI G1
- Alec Mills: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 7 SO G2
24-38, 4th Place in Pacific Coast League American Northern Division
Iowa has Tuesday off and opens a three-game series against Reno on Wednesday at 10:05 PM ET.
The DSL #1 Cubs beat the DSL Indians/Brewers 14-2. Oswaldo Pina went 2 for 4 with the three runs scored and two runs batted in.
The DSL #2 Cubs fell to the DSL Phillies White 3-2. Brailin Pena went 1 for 3 with one run batted in.
- Brendon Little left his start early due to some sort of unknown injury. Little was rolling through 4 2/3 innings with just one hit and one walk allowed. He struck out four and was well on his way to a great start. Little didn’t appear to grab anything as he walked off the field, likely being cramping. There’s not too much concern here with the Cubs 1st-round draft pick from 2017.
- Andruw Monasterio had an excellent day for Myrtle Beach on Monday. Monasterio went 3 for 5 with 2 runs and 3 RBI in the Pelicans 10-7 loss. He extended his hit streak to six consecutive games batting .349 over the last 10 games.
- Alec Mills closed out the day with a solid start in Iowa despite taking the loss. Mills went five innings allowing just four hits and two earned runs with one walk and seven strikeouts. He’s been on fire over his last ten starts, allowing more than three earned runs once. Mills now has a 3.76 ERA and 1.13 WHIP this year.