The Cubs Minor League had an extremely successful Wednesday with another sweep as well as walk-offs and no-hitters. Cubs prospects really starred in the latest Minor League Recap.
Low A: South Bend Cubs
South Bend 7, Fort Wayne 0
- Jared Young: 3 for 3, 4 RBI
- Zach Davis: 3 for 4, 2 R
- Roberto Caro: 2 for 3, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Rollie Lacy: 7.0 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 SO
28-29, 5th Place in Midwest League Eastern Division
Tyler Thomas is the scheduled starter for Thursday’s series finale against Fort Wayne at 7:05 PM Eastern.
High A: Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Myrtle Beach 4, Buies Creek 3
- Wladimir Galindo: 2 for 4, HR, 2 R, 3 RBI
- Kevonte Mitchell: 2 for 4, 1 RBI
- Andruw Monasterio: 1 for 4, 1 R
- Alex Lange: 6.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO
29-29, 4th Place in Carolina League Southern Division
Cory Abbott is the scheduled starter for Thursday’s series finale against Buies Creek at 6:00 PM Eastern.
Double A: Tennessee Smokies
Tennessee 7, Jackson 5 F/10
- Jeffery Baez: 3 for 5, HR, 3 R, 1 RBI
- Vimael Machin: 2 for 5, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Jason Vosler: 1 for 4, HR, 1 R, 2 RBI, 1 BB
31-28, 3rd Place in Southern League North Division
Oscar De La Cruz is the scheduled starter for Thursday’s series finale against Jackson at 7:05 PM Eastern.
Triple A: Iowa Cubs
Iowa 4, Albuquerque 3
- Victor Caratini: 2 for 4, 3 RBI, 1 BB
- Mike Freeman: 2 for 5, 2 R
- Jacob Hannemann: 2 for 3, 1 BB
- Alec Mills: 6.0 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO
23-34, 4th Place in Pacific Coast League American Northern Division
Kyle Ryan is the scheduled starter for Thursday’s series finale against Albuquerque at 8:08 PM Eastern.
The DSL #1 Cubs fell to the DSL #2 Red Sox 10-2. Starting pitcher Saul Vazquez went six innings allowing four hits and one earned run with no walks and two strikeouts.
The DSL #2 Cubs fell to the DSL Brewers 2-1. First baseman Alexander Ovalles went 3 for 3 with one walk.
- South Bend starter Rollie Lacy and reliever Ben Hecht combined for the Cubs first no-hitter since 2014 in a 7-0 shutout of Fort Wayne. Lacy went seven innings, allowing only two walks while striking out six. Hecht finished out the eighth and ninth with no walks and two strikeouts as Lacy and Hecht combined for a no-hitter. Check out highlights of Lacy’s dominance here.
- Alex Lange had an excellent start for Myrtle Beach in the Pelicans win. Lange went six innings, allowing just two hits and no earned runs with one walk and four strikeouts. Lange picked up the win, improving to 4-2 with a 2.89 ERA and 1.06 WHIP this season. Lange hasn’t allowed an earned run in his last three starts combined.
- Victor Caratini continues to rake in Iowa, proving he’s ready for the backup catcher role again. Caratini went 2 for 4 with 3 RBI and 1 run in the I-Cubs win over Albuquerque. Cartini, more importantly, hit the walk-off RBI single in the bottom of the ninth tied 4-4 that gave Iowa the 5-4 win on Wednesday. He’s batting .310 with 9 hits and 10 RBI in 8 games since joining Iowa.