It was another great day for the Cubs farm system with three wins after just the Smokies played on Monday night. The teams went 3-1 while the DSL Cubs split the day 1-1.
Low A: South Bend Cubs
South Bend 8, Fort Wayne 7 F/11
- Austin Filiere: 1 for 5, HR, 2 R, 3 RBI
- Rafael Narea: 3 for 3, 3 R, 1 RBI
- Brandon Hughes: 2 for 5, 2 R
- Jhonny Bethencourt: 2 for 5, 1 R
- Brendon Little: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 SO
27-29, 5th Place in Midwest League Eastern Division
Rollie Lacy is the scheduled starter for Wednesday’s game against Fort Wayne at 7:05 PM Eastern.
High A: Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Myrtle Beach 7, Buies Creek 4
- P.J. Higgins: 3 for 5, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Kevonte Mitchell: 2 for 3, 1 R, 2 RBI
- Jhonny Pereda: 3 for 5, 1 R
- Connor Myers: 1 for 4, 1 R, 2 RBI
- Bryan Hudson: 5 2/3 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 2 SO
28-29, 4th Place in Carolina League Southern Division
Alex Lange is the scheduled starter for Wednesday’s game against Buies Creek at 6:00 PM Eastern.
Double A: Tennessee Smokies
Tennessee 10, Jackson 2
- Vimael Machin: 3 for 5, 2 R, 3 RBI, 1 BB
- Yasiel Balaguert: 3 for 6, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Charcer Burks: 3 for 5, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Duncan Robinson: 1 for 2, 1 R, 2 RBI
- Duncan Robinson: 5.0 IP, 7 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 6 SO
30-28, 3rd Place in Southern League North Division
Tom Hatch is the scheduled starter for Wednesday’s game against Jackson at 7:05 PM Eastern.
Triple A: Iowa Cubs
Iowa 1, Albuquerque 5
- David Bote: 2 for 4, HR, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Efren Navarro: 2 for 4
- Jen-Ho Tseng: 7 1/3 IP, 9 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 7 SO
22-34, 4th Place in Pacific Coast League American Northern Division
A TBD will be on the mound for Iowa on Wednesday against Albuquerque at 1:08 PM Eastern.
The DSL #1 Cubs beat the DSL #2 Red Sox 6-2. First baseman Ervis Marchan was 3 for 5 with two runs scored and three runs batted in.
The DSL #2 Cubs fell to the DSL Brewers 12-8. Outfielder Carlos Morfa continues to rake going 2 for 4 with two home runs, two runs scored, and three runs batted in.
- Brendon Little turned in another great start for South Bend in a no-decision on Tuesday. Little went six innings, allowing just three hits and one earned run with two walks and five strikeouts. Little continues to improve every game with 5+ strikeouts six times this year.
- Bryan Hudson was solid for the Pelicans helping Myrtle Beach to a 7-4 win. Hudson pitched 5 2/3 innings, allowing five hits and three earned runs with three walks and two strikeouts. Hudson picked up his fourth win of the season now with back-to-back starts allowing three runs or less.
- Duncan Robinson closed out the strong night for pitchers with the win for Tennessee. Robinson went five innings, allowing seven hits but just one earned run with no walks and six strikeouts. Robinson’s start was good for his third win of the season now with four straight starts allowing three earned runs or less. In addition, Robinson went 1 for 2 from the plate with 1 run and 2 RBI.