The Chicago Cubs will host a six-game homestand featuring visits from the Philadelphia Phillies June 5-7 and the Pittsburgh Pirates June 8-10.
The homestand includes four Community Nights presented by PEAK in the ballpark: Healthcare Professionals Night presented by Allscripts, Youth Baseball and Softball Appreciation Day, Summer Camp Day and Pride Day. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.cubs.com/communitynights.
Highlights of the homestand follow.
Food and Beverage Offerings:
The Chicago Cubs and hospitality partner Levy are bringing back their crowd-pleasing Chef Series presented by Maker’s Mark for a second year with an expanded lineup of local celebrity chefs. Fans can expect a dynamic menu of offerings inspired by the chefs’ signature items and their take on ballpark favorites.
This homestand, Stephanie Izard, a James Beard Best Chef: Great Lakes recipient, and Top Chef and Iron Chef Gauntlet winner, will feature globally inspired flavors from her renowned Chicago restaurants Girl & the Goat, Little Goat and Duck, Duck Goat June 5-10 at the Sheffield Corner near the Wintrust Right Field Gate.
The following menu items will be served during her rotation at Wrigley Field:
· Waffle fries with crispy pork belly, pickled peppers, This Little Goat went to Southeast Asia aioli, chili oil and cilantro
· Yucatan pork tacos on flour tortillas with shredded cabbage, queso fresco, pickled red onions, pickled peppers, cilantro and citrus mayo
· Creole chicken sandwich on a brioche bun with tartar sauce and pickled jalapeños
· Classic Sloppy Joe on a brioche bun with rosemary aioli, shredded cabbage and carrot slaw
Hot Doug’s continues its rotating selections on Platform 14, located behind the center field scoreboard in the Budweiser Bleachers. Served this homestand are the Thad Bosley, a Portuguese Linguiça sausage with smoked paprika mustard and Swiss cheese; the Bill Bonham, an atomic pork sausage with cherry marmalade and smoked gouda cheese; and the Keith Moreland, a spicy Vienna Polish sausage with chipotle dijonnaise, pickled jalapeños and pepper jack cheese.
Cubs Charities and Community Events:
On Monday, June 4, a new season of Cubs RBI will kick off with games played at two locations: Morgan Park High School at 5:30 p.m. and Illinois Institute of Technology at 5:30 p.m. In 2018, 28 teams will participate in Cubs RBI with sponsorship support from the Cubs roster.
On Tuesday, June 5, Cubs Charities, Cubs Charities Board Chair Laura Ricketts, Clark the Cub and Josephinum Academy of the Sacred Heart will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the school to celebrate Diamond Project investments totaling $90,000 in support of the softball field renovation. This summer, Josephinum Academy will participate in a new 18U Cubs Charities softball league.
On Wednesday, June 6, Javier Báez will welcome several families who have been affected by Hurricane Maria at Wrigley Field as part his “Los Magos” community initiative.
Cubs manager Joe Maddon will once again support Chicago nonprofit organizations through his “Respect Community” charity T-shirt initiative. After every Friday home game, Maddon will represent a different Chicago nonprofit by wearing the organization’s T-shirt during his postgame press conference. Joe Maddon’s “Respect Community” shirt Friday, June 8, is the Chicago Children’s Choir, an organization that believes in using music to unite youth from diverse backgrounds across Chicago.
Later Friday evening, music and baseball will come together at Lakeview’s iconic music venue Metro from 7:30 – 11 p.m. when Chicago Cubs President of Baseball Operations Theo Epstein, Hall of Fame baseball writer Peter Gammons and Cubs broadcaster Len Kasper join an All-Star lineup of musicians and personalities at the Seventh Annual Hot Stove Cool Music Chicago benefit concert. The event celebrates music, baseball and giving back. Proceeds from the event support Cubs Charities and Epstein’s Foundation To Be Named Later. For more information, visit www.foundationtobenamedlater.org.
The inaugural season of the Cubs Charities 18U girls fast pitch softball league will commence Saturday, June 9, at Horner Park. The girls will play 12 games through Sunday, August 5.
Homestand Details, June 5-10:
Tuesday, June 5, Chicago Cubs vs. Philadelphia Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
· Promotion: Cubs Acrylic Cocktail Glass presented by Jim Beam, up to the first 10,000 early arriving adults, 21 and older
· First pitch and 7th inning stretch: UFC fighters and Chicago natives Clay Guida and CM Punk
· Community Night presented by PEAK: Healthcare Professionals Night presented by Allscripts
· Broadcast: WGN, 670 The Score, Cubs.com
Wednesday, June 6, Chicago Cubs vs. Philadelphia Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
· Promotion: Wrigley Field Scoreboard Clock presented by Wintrust, up to the first 10,000 early arriving fans
· First pitch and 7th inning stretch: Chicago Bears tight end Zach Miller
· Community Night presented by PEAK: Youth Baseball and Softball Appreciation Day
· Broadcast: NBC Sports Chicago+, 670 The Score, Cubs.com
Thursday, June 7, Chicago Cubs vs. Philadelphia Phillies, 1:20 p.m.
· First pitch: 2017 Chicago Marathon winner Galen Rupp
· First pitch and 7th inning stretch: Actor and Chicago native Joe Mantegna
· Community Night presented by PEAK: Summer Camp Day
· Broadcast: NBC Sports Chicago, 670 The Score, Cubs.com
Friday, June 8, Chicago Cubs vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 1:20 p.m.
· Promotion: Cubs Tank Top presented by Budweiser, up to the first 5,000 early arriving Budweiser Bleacher fans, 21 and older
· Broadcast: NBC Sports Chicago, MLB Network, 670 The Score, WRTO 1200, Cubs.com
· Pregame and postgame music at Gallagher Way: Rendition
Saturday, June 9, Chicago Cubs vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 1:20 p.m.
· Promotion: To celebrate Tradesman Appreciation Day at Wrigley Field, IDEAL Industries, Inc. is presenting the Cubs Cooling Towel, up to the first 10,000 early arriving fans
· First pitch and 7th inning stretch: Notre Dame Men’s Basketball Head Coach Mike Brey
· Broadcast: ABC 7, 670 The Score, Cubs.com
· Pregame and postgame music at Gallagher Way: The Funk Crusaders
Sunday, June 10, Chicago Cubs vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 1:20 p.m.
· Promotion: Cubs Echo Microphone presented by Mastercard, up to the first 5,000 early arriving children, 13 and younger
· First pitch: Chef Art Smith
· Community Night presented by PEAK: Pride Day
· Broadcast: WGN, 670 The Score, Cubs.com
· Postgame: Kids Run the Bases, first 1,000 children 13 and younger