It’s another daily sweep for the Cubs Minor League! All four of the Cubs farm clubs won on Sunday with lots of offense and great performances.
Low A: South Bend Cubs
South Bend 14, Lake County 7
- Michael Cruz: 2 for 4, HR, 2 R, 5 RBI
- Zach Davis: 2 for 5, 3 RBI
- Nelson Velazquez: 3 for 4, 3 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB
- Jared Young: 1 for 4, HR, 2 R, 2 RBI
- Jeffery Passantino: 2 2/3 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO
26-29, T-5 Place in Midwest League Eastern Division
Brendon Little is the scheduled starter for Tuesday’s series opener against Fort Wayne at 7:05 PM Eastern.
High A: Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Myrtle Beach 3, Down East 0
- Jhonny Pereda: 2 for 4, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Luis Ayala: 2 for 4, 1 R
- Wladimir Galindo: 2 for 4, 1 R
- Connor Myers: 1 for 3, 1 RBI
- Tyson Miller: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO
27-29, T-4 Place in Carolina League Southern Division
Bryan Hudson is the scheduled starter for Tuesday’s series opener against Buies Creek at 6:00 PM Eastern.
Double A: Tennessee Smokies
Tennessee 4, Jackson 0
- Vimael Machin: 3 for 5, 1 RBI
- Trent Giambrone: 2 for 4
- Jesse Hodges: 1 for 1, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Michael Rucker: 6.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 3 BB, 4 SO
29-26, 3rd Place in Southern League North Division
Tennessee resumes a game postponed to rain back on April 15th trailing Jackson 4-3 on Monday before the regularly scheduled game at 7:05 PM Eastern. Trevor Clifton is the scheduled starter for the second game of the partial doubleheader, with a TBD starter to resume the first game.
Triple A: Iowa Cubs
Iowa 6, Colorado Springs 2 F/10
- Bijan Rademacher: 2 for 3, 4 RBI
- Chesny Young: 2 for 5, 2 R, 1 RBI
- Jacob Hannemann: 2 for 4, 2 R, 1 BB
- Zach Hedges: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 SO
22-33, 4th Place in Pacific Coast League American Northern Division
Iowa opens a three-game series against Albuquerque on Tuesday at 8:08 PM Eastern.
- Jeffery Passantino and Garrett Kelly each made their 2018 season debuts for South Bend pitching out of the bullpen Sunday. Passantino got the win after striking out four in 2 2/3 innings pitched while Kelly tossed two no-hit innings. Passantino was drafted by the Cubs last year while Kelly was signed to a minor-league contract in March.
- Tyson Miller tossed a quality start for Myrtle Beach in the Pelicans 3-0 win. Miller allowed just three hits and one walk with four strikeouts in six innings of work. He’s starting to heat up in the last week with back-to-back starts allowing under one earned run. On the year, Miller is 5-4 with a 3.52 ERA and 1.16 WHIP.
- Michael Rucker had an excellent outing for the Smokies in their 4-0 win on Sunday. Rucker pitched six innings, allowing two hits and no runs with three walks and four strikeouts in his third quality start this year. He’s pitched really well this season with 7 out of 10 starts allowing three earned runs or less.
- Zach Hedges started in place of the injured Adbert Alzolay on Sunday and pitched very well. Hedges went five innings, allowing four hits and two earned runs with zero walks and three strikeouts. He didn’t pick up the win with a no-decision but had his best stuff on display.