After a 10-1 big league loss to the Indians, there’s positive news to report on from three games in the Cubs Farm System on Tuesday!
Low A: South Bend Cubs
South Bend 9, Lansing 1
- Miguel Amaya: 3 for 3, 2 R, 3 RBI, 2 BB
- Jhonny Bethencourt: 2 for 5, 2 R
- Jared Young: 2 for 3, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB
- Brandon Hughes: 1 for 4, 2 RBI
- Javier Assad: 5 2/3 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 7 SO
18-25, 7th Place in Midwest League Eastern Division
Brendon Little is the scheduled starter for Wednesday’s game against Lansing at 7:05 PM Eastern.
High A: Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Myrtle Beach 2, Lynchburg 8
- Andruw Monasterio: 1 for 4, 1 R, 1 BB
- P.J. Higgins: 2 for 4, 1 BB
- Daniel Spingola: 2 for 4
- Tyler Alamo: 0 for 2, 1 RBI, 1 BB
18-27, 5th Place in Carolina League Southern Division
Alex Lange is the scheduled starter for Wednesday’s game against Lynchburg at 7:05 PM Eastern.
Double A: Tennessee Smokies
Triple A: Iowa Cubs
Iowa 4, Round Rock 5
- Jacob Hannemann: 3 for 4, 1 RBI
- Chesny Young: 2 for 4, 1 R
- Mike Freeman: 1 for 3, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB
- Luke Farrell: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 6 SO
15-28, 4th Place in Pacific Coast League American Northern Division
Duane Underwood is the scheduled starter for Wednesday’s game against Round Rock at 8:05 PM Eastern.
- Cubs 19-year old catcher prospect Miguel Amaya dominated in South Bend on Tuesday. Amaya went a perfect 3 for 3 from the plate with two runs scored, three RBI, and two walks in five plate appearances. Games like his on Tuesday have become common for Amaya this year, slashing .267/.353/.486 in 37 games.
- Staying in South Bend, Javier Assad on the mound dazzled once again. Assad went for 5 2/3 innings allowing only four hits and an earned run with no walks and seven strikeouts picking up the win. He’s now 4-1 with a 2.06 ERA and 1.22 WHIP this season.
- Finally wrapping up the night, outfield prospect Jacob Hannemann had a great game in Iowa. Hannemann went 3 for 4 with an RBI in the Cubs close loss to Round Rock. He is really starting to heat up over his past ten games, batting .353 with 12 hits in 34 at-bats.