After a short hiatus, we are back with our daily Cubs Minor League updates. On Monday, the Cubs Minor League affiliates almost swept with three wins in four games with lots of great prospect performances.
Low A: South Bend Cubs
South Bend 1, Lansing 2
- Christian Donahue: 1 for 3, 1 R, 1 BB
- Rafael Narea: 1 for 3, 1 BB
- Tyler Thomas: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 SO
17-25, 7th Place in Midwest League Eastern Division
Javier Assad is the scheduled starter for Tuesday’s game against Lansing at 10:35 AM Eastern.
High A: Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Myrtle Beach 8, Lynchburg 5
- Connor Myers: 2 for 5, 1 R, 2 RBI
- Kevonte Mitchell: 2 for 4, 2 R
- Daniel Spingola: 2 for 4, 1 R, 1 RBI
- P.J. Higgins: 1 for 3, 2 RBI, 1 BB
18-26, 5th Place in Carolina League Southern Division
Bryan Hudson is the scheduled starter for Tuesday’s game against Lynchburg at 7:05 PM Eastern.
Double A: Tennessee Smokies
Tennessee 3, Mississippi 2
- Yasiel Balaguert: 1 for 4, 2 RBI
- Zack Short: 1 for 4, 1 R
- Jason Vosler: 1 for 3, 1 R, 1 BB
- Mike Rucker: 6.0 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 8 SO
23-21, 3rd Place in Southern League North Division
Trevor Clifton is the scheduled starter for Wednesday’s series opener against Pensacola at 7:35 PM Eastern.
Triple A: Iowa Cubs
Iowa 6, Round Rock 5
- Lane Adams: 2 for 5, 2 R, 2 RBI
- Chesny Young: 2 for 4, 1 R
- Mike Freeman: 1 for 5, 1 R, 2 RBI
- Bijan Rademacher: 1 for 3, 1 R
- Alec Mills: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 4 BB, 2 SO
15-27, 4th Place in Pacific Coast League American Northern Division
Luke Farrell is the scheduled starter for Tuesday’s game against Round Rock at 8:05 PM Eastern.
- Despite taking the loss, Tyler Thomas had a very nice outing for South Bend on Monday night. Thomas went for six innings allowing three hits and one earned run with two walks and two strikeouts. He tossed his second quality start in a row, with the excellent performance. Do not let his 2-4 record deceive, Thomas has an excellent 2.88 ERA and 1.03 WHIP in 8 games this season.
- Mike Rucker had a great day on the mound for Tennessee, picking up the win in his sixth straight start allowing under three earned runs. For this one, Rucker pitched six innings allowing four hits and two earned runs with two walks and eight strikeouts. Rucker was on his best game Monday night with his second quality start out of his last three.
- Finally, to wrap up the day, center fielder Lance Adams in his first game with Iowa since being signed to a minor-league contract, had the debut he wished for. Adams went 2 for 5 with 2 runs and 2 RBI in Iowa’s 6-5 win over Round Rock. He was designated for assignment by the Braves on April 25th after 18 games with the club this year. It’s not the first time for Adams in the Cubs system. he was also here late in the 2016 season before his contract was up.