The Cubs Minor League System is starting to turn around drastically and rapidly, all winning on the same day for the second time in three days. They hadn’t done that for the whole month of April. Talk about a change in events quickly, as the prospects are prospering.
Low A: South Bend Cubs
South Bend 5, Burlington 3
- Roberto Caro: 3 for 4, 2 R, 1 RBI
- Jared Young: 2 for 4, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Yeiler Peguero: 2 for 4, 1 R, 1 BB
- Jhonny Bethencourt: 2 for 4
- Cory Abbott: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 3 BB, 8 SO
12-15, 7th Place in Midwest League Eastern Division
Erich Uelmen is the scheduled starter for Tuesday’s game at 7:05 PM Eastern.
High A: Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Myrtle Beach 3, Down East 0
- Austin Upshaw: 2 for 4, 2 R
- Daniel Spingola: 2 for 4, 2 RBI
- Kevonte Mitchell: 2 for 4
- Keegan Thompson: 6.0 IP. 4 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 SO
13-18, 5th Place in Carolina League Southern Division
Tyson Miller is the scheduled starter for Tuesday’s game at 7:00 PM Eastern.
Double A: Tennessee Smokies
Tennessee 3, Jacksonville 0
- Charcer Burks: 3 for 4, 1 R
- Zack Short: 2 for 5, 1 R
- Trey Martin: 1 for 4, HR, 1 R, 2 RBI
- Trevor Clifton: 6.0 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 9 SO
16-14, 3rd Place in Southern League North Division
Duncan Robinson is the scheduled starter for Tuesday’s game at 7:05 PM Eastern.
Triple A: Iowa Cubs
Iowa 6, Round Rock 5
- Chesny Young: 2 for 3, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB
- Mike Freeman: 2 for 4, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB
- Chris Gimenez: 2 for 4
- Bijan Rademacher: 1 for 3, HR, 1 R, 3 RBI
8-21, 4th Place in Pacific Coast League American Northern Division
Michael Roth is the scheduled starter for Tuesday’s game at 7:35 PM Eastern.
- Cubs No. 28-ranked prospect Cory Abbott dominated on the mound for South Bend in the series opener. Abbott pitched five innings, allowing just two hits while walking three and striking out eight batters. He had his stuff working for him against Burlington with his fourth start this year allowing under three earned runs. Abbott was lights out, picking up his second win of the season.
- Keegan Thompson continued the great pitching trend for Myrtle Beach with a quality start. Thompson went for six innings, allowing only four hits and two walks while fanning four and picking up the win. He was also on his “A” game with a shutout of the Wood Ducks. Thompson reached six innings for the first time this season.
- Finally, in Tennessee, Trevor Clifton rounded out the strong pitching day for the Cubs affiliates with an absolute gem. Clifton went for six innings allowing one lone hit while striking out nine and also picking up the win. The Smokies also shutout their opponent, the Jumbo Shrimp 3-0 and in a large part due to his great pitching performance.