The Cubs Minor League affiliates produced another strong day on Sunday, finishing 3-1 after winning all four of their games on Saturday.
Low A: South Bend Cubs
South Bend 5, Peoria 4
- Jhonny Bethencourt: 2 for 4, 1 R
- Michael Cruz: 1 for 4, HR, 1 R, 3 RBI
- Jared Young: 1 for 3, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB
- Austin Filiere: 1 for 3, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB
11-15, 7th Place in Midwest League Eastern Division
A TBD Starter will pitch Monday’s series opener against Burlington at 7:05 PM Eastern.
High A: Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Myrtle Beach 0, Lynchburg 4
- Wladimir Galindo: 1 for 3
- Daniel Spingola: 1 for 3
- Jose Paulino: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 6 SO
12-18, 5th Place in Carolina League Southern Division
Keegan Thompson is the scheduled starter for Monday’s series opener against Down East at 7:00 PM Eastern.
Double A: Tennessee Smokies
Tennessee 6, Birmingham 2
- Jason Vosler: 2 for 4, 1 R, 2 RBI
- Jeffery Baez: 2 for 4, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Zack Short: 1 for 2, HR, 2 R, 1 RBI, 2 BB
- Charcer Burks: 1 for 4, HR, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Mike Rucker: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 SO
15-14, 3rd Place in Southern League North Division
Trevor Clifton is the scheduled starter for Monday’s series opener at 7:05 PM Eastern.
Triple A: Iowa Cubs
Iowa 4, Round Rock 1
- David Bote: 5 for 5, HR, 2 R, 2 RBI
- Mike Freeman: 1 for 5, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Ryan Court: 1 for 4, 1 R
- Duane Underwood: 7.0 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 7 SO
7-21, 4th Place in Pacific Coast League American Northern Division
Jen-Ho Tseng is the scheduled starter for Monday’s series opener at 8:05 PM Eastern.
- Mike Rucker evened out his record to 2-2 with another solid pitching performance on Sunday for Tennessee. Rucker went five innings, allowing five hits and two earned runs while striking out five and picking up the win. He has pitched three straight starts with under three earned runs allowed all in five innings or longer.
- David Bote was phenomenal for Iowa on Sunday once again. Bote went a perfect 5 for 5 with a homer, two runs scored, and two RBI playing a large role for Iowa. With his perfect day, it bumped Bote’s season split to .342/.405/.618, looking ready for the major leagues.
- In addition to Bote’s big day with Iowa, Duane Underwood came through big on the defensive side. Underwood went for seven innings, allowing just one hit with seven strikeouts picking up the win. He had struggled over the past few games but when Underwood is on his game, he’s lights out. Sunday was Underwood’s third scoreless game pitched this season.