This is about as rare as it gets, none of the Cubs Minor League affiliates picked up a win on Friday. However, there are still plenty of good individual prospect performances that outweigh the actual records of the teams.
Low A: South Bend Cubs
South Bend 3, Peoria 12
- Zach Davis: 3 for 3, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Roberto Caro: 1 for 2, 2 RBI, 1 BB
- Miguel Amaya: 1 for 4, 1 R
- Yapson Gomez: 2 1/3 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 SO
9-15, 7th Place in Midwest League Eastern Division
Brendon Little is the scheduled starter in the second game of a three-game set on Saturday night at 7:30 PM Eastern.
High A: Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Myrtle Beach 3, Lynchburg 7
- Wladimir Galindo: 2 for 4, 1 RBI
- Connor Myers: 2 for 3, 1 BB
- Vimael Machin: 1 for 3, 1 RBI, 2 BB
- Andruw Monasterio: 1 for 4, 1 R, 1 BB
11-17, 5th Place in Carolina League Southern Division
Matt Swarmer is the scheduled starter for Myrtle Beach on Saturday night at 6:00 PM Eastern.
Double A: Tennessee Smokies
Tennessee 4, Birmingham 5
- Yasiel Balaguert: 2 for 4
- Zack Short: 1 for 3, 1 R, 1 BB
- Erick Castillo: 1 for 3, 1 RBI
- Carlos Penalver: 1 for 3, 1 RBI
13-14, 4th Place in Southern League North Division
Oscar De La Cruz is the scheduled starter for Tennessee on Saturday night at 7:00 PM Eastern.
Triple A: Iowa Cubs
Iowa 3, Round Rock 4
- David Bote: 2 for 4, 1 RBI
- Ryan Court: 1 for 5, HR, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Mike Freeman: 1 for 4, 1 R
- Alec Mills: 7.0 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 7 SO
5-21, 4th Place in Pacific Coast League American Northern Division
Adbert Alzolay is the scheduled starter for Iowa against Round Rock on Saturday night at 7:05 PM Eastern.
- OF Zach Davis had a very nice day with South Bend, one of the lone solid highlights in their 12-3 loss on Friday. Davis went 3 for 3 with one run and one RBI for the Cubs. This season, he is slashing .246/.394/.386 in 20 games, so it’s been a decent start to the season for the 23-year old.
- OF Connor Myers continued his hot start to the season with Myrtle Beach, posting another multi-hit game. Myers went 2 for 3 with a walk in the Pelicans loss to Lynchburg. He is batting .282/.371/.423 in 25 games this season. Myers in the last ten games is hitting an astonishing .419 with 13 hits in 31 plate appearances.
- Alec Mills produced a quality start in Iowa, earning a no-decision with a late lead blown by the bullpen. Mills went for seven innings, allowing just four hits and three earned runs while walking two and striking out seven. He gave up those three runs all in the 3rd inning and was lights out over the next 4 innings.