3 wins in 5 games for the Cubs Minor League Affiliates on Sunday, with all kinds of good individual player performances around the Farm System.
Low A: South Bend Cubs
South Bend 4, Great Lakes 9
- Miguel Amaya: 2 for 4, 1 R
- Brandon Hughes: 2 for 4, 2 RBI
- Roberto Caro: 1 for 4, 2 R, 1 BB
- Chris Singleton: 1 for 3, 1 RBI, 1 BB
- Brendan King: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 SO
9-11, 5th Place in Midwest League Eastern Division
South Bend has a travel day on Monday as they head west to Cedar Rapids. Cory Abbott is the scheduled starter for in the series opener on Monday at 7:35 PM Eastern.
High A: Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Myrtle Beach 5, Salem 3
- Jhonny Pereda: 2 for 4, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Austin Upshaw: 2 for 5, 1 R
- Chris Pieters: 2 for 4
- Wladimir Galindo: 1 for 4, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Matt Swarmer (W, 2-2): 5.0 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 SO
9-15, 5th Place in Carolina League Southern Division
Myrtle Beach has a travel day on Monday coming back from Salem to Myrtle Beach. Keegan Thompson is the scheduled starter for the series opener against Carolina on Tuesday at 7:05 PM Eastern.
Double A: Tennessee Smokies
Tennessee 3, Chattanooga 2
Tennessee 3, Chattanooga 2
- Trent Giambrone: 1 for 3, HR, 1 R, 1 RBI G1
- Yasiel Balaguert: 1 for 3, HR, 1 R, 1 RBI G1
- Thomas Hatch (W, 3-0): 5.0 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 SO G1
- Jeffery Baez: 3 for 3, 1 RBI G2
- Trey Martin: 1 for 3, 1 R, 1 RBI G2
- Oscar De La Cruz (W, 2-3): 7.0 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 5 SO G2
12-11, 2nd Place in Southern League North Division
Mike Rucker is the scheduled starter for the series finale against Chattanooga on Monday at 11:15 AM Eastern.
Triple A: Iowa Cubs
Iowa 3, Oklahoma City 5
- Chesny Young: 2 for 3
- Ryan Court: 1 for 5, HR, 1 R, 2 RBI
- Taylor Davis: 1 for 4, 1 RBI
- Mike Freeman: 1 for 4, 1 R
4-17, 4th Place in Pacific Coast League American Northern Division
Adbert Alzolay is the scheduled starter for Iowa in the series opener against Omaha on Monday at 7:38 PM Eastern.
- 19-year old catcher Miguel Amaya continued his hot streak for South Bend, collecting two more hits against the Loons on Sunday. Amaya went 2 for 4 with one run scored in the Cubs loss to Great Lakes. He is tearing it up this season, batting .292 with three home runs and ten RBI in 18 games.
- Matt Swarmer pitched yet another strong outing for Myrtle Beach, picking up his second win of the season. Swarmer went for five innings allowing just five hits and one earned run while striking five and walking two. He has had a great start to the season, with a 2-2 record, 1.74 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, and 26 strikeouts in 20 2/3 innings pitched.
- Thomas Hatch was dominant again for Tennessee, going for six phenomenal innings. Hatch gave up six hits and one earned run while walking just one and picking up the win. His start to the 2018 season is off the charts incredible, with five starts and allowing two earned runs or less in four of them. Hatch is 3-0 with a 2.52 ERA and 1.36 WHIP in his second season.
- Oscar De La Cruz also added another strong pitching performance to the mix, in game two of the doubleheader for the Smokies. De La Cruz threw all seven innings of the game, allowing just four hits and two earned runs with five strikeouts and zero walks. He rebounded from his last five-run start very nicely and was lights out for Tennessee.